Review of the Business Gold Card from American Express
The Business Gold Card from American Express was last reviewed on 22nd January 2006.
Summary - The Business Gold Card from American Express will appeal to the small business owner who pays the bills fully every month and wants to enjoy the reward benefits of Membership Rewards. Those who also have the personal Amex Gold Card should consider getting this card to seperate business expense and yet earn Membership Reward points under one account. Let's explore this card in greater detail.
Reward Formula - The American Express Business Gold Card allows the cardholder to earn one reward point for every dollar spent on the card. You can earn unlimited rewards points which never expire. Points can be used to redeem a wide range of rewards available from the American Epxress Membership Rewards.
Earn extra points in the first year - As an incentive to sign up cardholders, American Epxress is offering new cardholders of the Business Gold Card extra points in the following way
- 5,000 bonus points with your first purchase, to welcome you as a Cardmember
- 5,000 bonus points as a thank-you for reaching $20,000 in spending
- 20,000 more bonus points for reaching $50,000 in spending
- 10,000 additional bonus points for your one-year Card renewal
Furthermore, the first year annual fee of $125.00 and additional card fee of $45.00 is waived for the first year.
Open Savings - Like every American Express business card, you can save money when you use the card with OPENSavings merchants and get savings. These merchants include AT&T;, Expensable, Fedex, Hertz, subscription to USA Today and 1800-Flowers.com.
Fees - The American Express Business Gold Card has an annual fee of $125.00. Additional card fee is $45.00. These fees are waived during the first year. As this is a charge card, there is no apr.
Other Benefits - The American Express Business Gold Card also gives cardholders the following benefits.
1. Purchase Protection Plan - under this plan, you can return any purchase you make if it is accidentically damaged within 90 days.
2. Travel Insurance - American Express provides accidental travel insurance for all cardholders.
3. Online Management - You can manage your account with Summary of Accounts and track charges with Expense Management Reports.
4. Online Business Community - Allows you to chat, pose questions, get insights from other small business owners, and attract new business.
5. Seek Business Advice - You can ask an expert a question, use an online tool, and read articles by other business owners.
Recommendation - The Business Gold Card from American Express® is best suited to the small business owner who pays the bills fully every month, does not need any credit card lines for capital expenditure and who wishes to earn reward points and enjoy the benefits of the American Express Membership Rewards. Those who are already members of Membership Rewards can link this card to your account so that you can have a seperate business credit card and yet earn points for the same reward program under one account.
- Earn unlimited reward points
- Reward points do not expire
- Earn additional points during the first year
- No annual fee or additional card fees during the first year
|American Express Business Gold Card
||1 point per $1 spent on purchases
|Caps on Rewards
||Reward Points do not expire
|Travel and Insurance Benefits
Car rental insurance
Golabl Assist Plus
|Return Protection Plan
Online bill payment
Automatic bill payments
|Late Payment fee
||The greater of $30 or 2.9% of delinquent balance
Apply for the Business Gold Card from American Express®
If you already have the American Express Business Gold Card, we would appreciate if you can share your experience of this card as this will help our readers in making better informed credit card decisions and choices. You can post your review here.
To receive our latest credit card offers, reviews and articles, subscribe to our
Credit Card Tips and Strategies Newsletter
RSS Feed For This News