Review of the Blue Cash for Business Credit Card
The Blue Cash for Business credit card was last reviewed on 22nd January 2006
Summary - We recommend the Blue Cash for Business to the small business owner who wants to earn cash rebates from their credit card expenditure. This is perhaps the best business cash rebate credit card as
- You can earn 5% rebates on business purchases with OPENSavings merchants and 2.5% rebates on "other purchases"
- You earn 2% and 1% rebates on OPENSaivngs and "other" purchases respectively once annual spending exceeds $15,000
- You can earn unlimited rebates
- There is no annual fee and additional card fees
Let us look at this card in greater detail.
Cash Rebate Formula - The Blue Cash for Business Credit Card allows the small business owner to earn cash rebate from their business spending. You earn 5% rebates on any purchase you make with American Express OPENSavings merchant partners and 2.5% on "other purchase". Once you exceed $15,000 in annual spending, you will earn 2% rebates with OPENSavings merchants and 1% rebates with "other purchases". You can earn unlimited rebates.
OPENSavings merchants include AT&T;, Expensable, Fedex, Hertz, subscription to USA Today and 1800-Flowers.com.
Fees and APR - There is no annual fee for the Blue Cash for Business credit card. You get a 0% apr on purchases for six months. This will be useful for those who wish to make some capital expenditure and need some credit lines. If you transfer you balance, the apr will be 7.99% for the life of the transfer. The apr ranges from prime rate plus 2.99%, 4.99%, 6.99% or 9.99%. The average daily balance method (including new purchase) is used to calculate monthly balances. Unlike most credit cards, the grace period given is 25 days versus 20 days.
Other Benefits - The Blue Cash for Business Credit Card also gives cardholders the following benefits.
1. Purchase Protection Plan - under this plan, you can return any purchase you make if it is accidentically damaged within 90 days.
2. Travel Insurance - American Express provides accidental travel insurance for all cardholders.
3. Online Management - You can manage your account with Summary of Accounts and track charges with Expense Management Reports.
4. Online Business Community - Allows you to chat, pose questions, get insights from other small business owners, and attract new business.
5. Seek Business Advice - You can ask an expert a question, use an online tool, and read articles by other business owners.
Verdict - We highly recommend the Blue Cash for Business Credit Card to the small business owner who is looking for a cash rebate credit card. You not only earn 5% rebates on purchases with OPENSavings merchants, but you also earn 2.5% rebates on other purchases. No other credit card allows you to earn 2.5% rebates on "other purchases". Though you rebate percentages declines after $15,000 in annual spending, you still earn 2% and 1% respectively on "OPENSavings purchases" and "other purchases". You can also earn unlimited rebates.
There is also no annual fee or additional card fees. You also get a introductory 0% apr for purchases for the first six months, which will be useful to the business owner who needs some credit for capital expenditures. If you business has a good credit history, you can also potentially get a low apr.
- Earn 5% rebates from OPENSaings merchants
- Earn 2.5% rebates on "other purchases"
- No annual or additional card fee
- 0% apr on purchases for 6 months
|Blue Cash for Business Credit Card
||Earn 5% rebates on "OPENSavings purchases"
Earn 2.5% on "other purchases"
Earn 2% and 1% respectively once annual spending exceeds $15,000
|Caps on Rebates
||Earn unlimited rebates
|Year-end account summary
24 hour customer service
Online fraud protection
Purchase protection plan
||0% introductory APR on purchases for either 6 months
Fixed APR of 7.99% on balance transfers upon application throughout life of initial balance transfer
||No annual fee
||Prime Rate plus 2.99%, 4.99%, 6.99% or 9.99%
|Cash Advance APR
||Prime Rate plus 14.99%
|Penalty/Default Rate APR
||Fixed 12.99% or Prime Rate plus 21.99% for serious default
|Min Finance Charge
|Balance Calculation Method
||Average Daily Balance (including new purchases)
|Balance Transfer Fee
||No balance transfer fee for introductory offer. Balance transfer fee may apply for future balance transfers
|Cash Advance fee
||3% min $5.00
|Late Payment fee
||$15.00 - up to $100
$29.00 - $100 up to $1000
$35.00 - $1000 and greater
Apply for the Blue Cash for Business Credit Card
If you already have Blue Cash for Business Credit Card, we appreciate if you can share your experience with the car. Our readers will find this very helpful. You can post your review here.
To receive our latest credit card offers, reviews and articles, subscribe to our
Credit Card Tips and Strategies Newsletter
RSS Feed For This News