Review of the Citi Premierpass Elite Card
The Citi Premierpass Elite Card was last reviewed on 29th June 2006
Summary - The Citi Premierpass Elite Card is a step up from the Premierpass Card. This card will appeal to the frequent traveller who wants to earn reward points. The unique feature about the Premierpass card is that unlike all other travel credit cards, you can earn points from the purchases you charge to the card, but also from the miles you fly! Find out more..
Recap of the Premierpass Reward Formula - Before we highlight how the Elite version is a step up from the regular premierpass card, let us look at the key features of the regular premierpass card again.
- You earn points not just from the dollars you spend, but also from the miles you fly (at a rate of 1 point for every 3 miles flown
- You will earn miles if you pay for your companion's ticket
- There are no blackout dates for airline ticket redemption
Improvements from the Elite Version
The Citi PremierPass Elite Card has an identical reward program as the Citi PremierPass credit card. The PremierPass Elite Card has an annual fee of $75.00 versus no annual fee for the Citi PremierPass credit card. For $75.00 in annual fees, you get the follwing extra features :
- You can earn 2 points for every dollar you spend at standalone supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations. You earn 1 point for every dollar spent on other purchases. The regular Citi PremierPass credit card only lets you earn 1 point for every dollar spent.
- While the regular Citi PremierPass lets you earn an extra 1 point for every 3 miles flown on your airline trip, the Citi PremierPass Elite Card lets you earn an extra 1 point for every miles flown. To recap, these points you earn come on top the the points you will earn when you pay for the tickets and you also earn miles from your frequent flyer program seperately. You also earn points from miles if you pay for your companion's ticket.
- You get a higher limit on the points you can earn with the Citi PremierPass Elite, 200,000 points (of which up to 100,000 can come from points your earn from the miles you've flown on an airline trip). This is versus the 100,000 cap on the regular Citi PremierPass credit card.
- You get 15,000 bonus points after your first purchase versus only 5,000 bonus points for the regular Citi PremierPass card.
Verdict - The Citi PremierPassSM Elite Card will suit the frequent traveller. This is the only card on the market that allows you to earn miles from the dollars you spend and from the miles you fly. If you fly alot, this is a card to consider.
- Earn miles from dollars you spend on the card and from miles you fly
|Citi PremierPass Elite Card
||2 points per $1 spent on supermarkets, drugstores, gas stations, commuter transportaion and parking merchants
1 point per $1 spent on purchases
In addtion earn 1 flight point for every miles flown
|Caps on Rewards
||200,000 points per calender year (includes both regular and flight points
Only 100,000 may come from flight points
||none if account is active within 3 years
|Min Income required
|Travel and Insurance Benefits
|Automatic Travel Accident Insurance
Lost luggage insurance
|Free Companion ticket
Online Account Access
Zero liability on unauthorized purchases
Dedicated customer service
no pre-set spending limits
||0% APR for 12 months (balance transfer).
Balance transfer can be done within 12 months and 0% will apply from date of first transfer
||Prime Rate plus 5.99%
|Balance Transfer APR
||Prime Rate plus 5.99%
|Cash Advance APR
||Prime Rate plus 14.99%, min is 19.99%
|Penalty/Default Rate APR
||Prime Rate plus 23.99
|Min Finance Charge
|Balance Calculation Method
||Average Daily Balance
|Balance Transfer Fee
||3%, min $5.00 max $75.00
no fee during introductory period
|Cash Advance fee
||3% min $5.00
|Late Payment fee
||$15.00 - up to but not including $100
$29.00 - $100 to $100
$39.00 - more than $1000
Apply for the Citi PremierPassSM Elite Card
RSS Feed For This News
If you enjoyed this article, you can Save This Page